Without a doubt, the most incredible display in nature has to be the Auroras. They are jaw-droppingly amazing. Twisty green ribbons crawl across the sky, occasionally bursting open like a hand reaching down from space, with hints of pink and red, moving as if under their own will. The Milky Way, Big Dipper and the Pleiades nearly pop out of the sky, adding a beautiful backdrop to the aurora experience.
Your camera can capture more colors than our night vision can see, revealing colors you didn’t know were there. And the resulting pictures are ones you will treasure and want to share. You will find that seeing and photographing auroras will be one of the most exhilarating experiences of your life. And Yellowknife in Canada’s Northwest Territories is one of the best places to see and photograph them.
Even if this tour is mainly about photographing the auroras, we will find more to see and do. There are parks with spectacular fall colors. There are a couple of lovely waterfalls to photograph as well as lake shores and nature trails. If we are lucky, we will encounter some wildlife also. The old Town of Yellowknife also has its charms (the painted dumpsters are very cool), and there are visitors and cultural centers you will find fascinating.
• Seven nights lodging at the Chateau Nova
• All meals from breakfast (at the hotel) on the first full day to breakfast on the last morning. Many of our meals will be in some of the finest local dining establishments
• Snacks and water during our daily and nightly outings
• Transportation during the tour
• Instruction and assistance in the field
• Ample teasing