The iconic landmarks of Arches and Canyonlands National Park are known throughout the world and have been the subject of photographers for many years. This red rock landscape sits in the northern region of the Colorado Plateau in southeastern Utah but offers so much more than those iconic images. This photography tour will put photographers on location to photograph these landmarks along with many other beautiful breathtaking scenery often overlooked by others.
November was chosen for this photo tour because of the changing seasons providing interesting skies, shorter days but longer low light situations setting us up for many unique photo sessions. A huge bonus to our November date is the far smaller crowds. Our November 2019 tour allowed us many of the iconic locations to ourselves.
The contrasting colors of this region offer photographers an array of palettes to work. The saturated warm hues of red, orange and yellow sandstone glow, while the blending shadows cast cooler hues forming a colorful composition. These contrasting colors make for some wonderful black and white photography for those who wish to stray for a short while from the colorful landscape. The conversion takes place in post processing but the concept is formed in the field where special attention is given to shadow and highlights and how they play into the finished black and white image.
Leader and Mentor: William Manning
• Airport Pickup and drop off, Transportation during tour, park entry fees and lodging Included
• Devoted to helping participants to see creatively and become better photographers
• Friendly, approachable and always there with you
• My Destination Photography Mentorship Programs are well scouted, planned and rewarding
• After our time together on location, each participant receives 3 one hour sessions of one on one mentoring via Skype where I share my computer screen demonstrating editing, processing and creative techniques. Participant also receives 2 critiques of their work with live feedback. Participants get up to 90 days after our time together on location to use this learning resource.