Snow quietly falls and covers the trees and the land, and we awaken to a winter wonderland to explore and photograph. Our private snow coach will take you to places where waterfalls freeze, geysers burst with light and steam and wildlife wanders through the snow covered valleys.
To witness winter in Yellowstone is to witness nature in its most magnificent splendor - Jennifer King
• Lodging (5 Nights) private room in West Yellowstone, MT. The gateway to Winter Yellowstone
• Private Snow Coach (4 Days) to take us to locations throughout the park
• Park Admission
• Welcome Dinner
• All Field Instruction; including photographing wildlife techniques and photographing winter conditions
• Processing class during the workshop, and online critique and processing instruction after the workshop in Photo Café
• Airfare to BZN Bozeman, Montana
• Transportation to West Yellowstone. (Karst Stage runs daily shuttles to West Yellowstone from BZN. We will provide information on how to book your shuttle)
• Meals (except Welcome Dinner). Please plan to pack lunch for snow coach days as there are no restaurants available
• Markets and sandwich shoppes are within walking distance of our hotel in West Yellowstone. Continental breakfast is not offered at this Holiday Inn. However, there is a restaurant on the property that offers a full menu
DAY 1: JAN 12
Arrive in West Yellowstone. (Karst Stage provides shuttle service direct from the Bozeman (BZN) airport. We are happy to help you should you need assistance with booking your transportation to West Yellowstone.)
MEET & GREET at 7:00pm
DAY 2-5: JAN 13-16
Each of our 4 private snow coach tour days, we will spend our days in the park photographing wildlife and many different areas around Biscuit Basin, Old Faithful, The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, Grand Prismatic, Hayden Valley and West Yellowstone River and Plateau.
DAY 6: JAN 17
You should plan to arrange your Karst Stage return shuttle to pick you up in the morning. We also recommend that you book your return flights after 3:00pm in case of any snow delays while driving or transporting back to Bozeman.
If you choose to arrive early, or stay a day later, we recommend Comfort Suites in Bozeman, as they provide airport shuttle service.
We strongly encourage trip insurance with this workshop. Trip insurance is inexpensive, and can cover the cost of your workshop and flight in case of unforeseen circumstance such as severe winter weather, injury or illness. While there are many travel insurance companies, we personally use Travel Guard to secure our personal trips. Due to the nature of this winter workshop, full refunds are not given 120-days prior to event regardless of circumstance. Credits towards another workshop are also not given. Please review the Cancellation policy prior to booking.