Iceland Vatnajokull Glaciers, Eastfjords, Icecaves, and Auroras Winter Photo Tour. Experience all the winter photography classics around southern and eastern Iceland over 8 days in February 2020. Our unique itinerary features a comprehensive 1-way route itinerary through Iceland's South Coast, then ample time is spent around the Vatnajokull glacier regions including Skaftafell, Jokulsarlon, iceberg beach, additional glacial lagoons and an adventure trip to the most photogenic crystal blue ice cave. We then continue our photography through the Hofn, Vestrahorn and Eastfjords coastal scenery all the way to Egilsstadir, where an included domestic flight will take you back to Reykjavik. No other photo tour company offers this unparalleled 1-way itinerary that maximizes the time, number and geographic diversity of the locations we will be photographing. Instead, all weeklong groups take the last day and a half to drive back to Reykjavik.
Throughout our photo tour you will have ample opportunities for personalized in-the-field photographic coaching, as the trip leader ensures you learn and improve your photography and leave with exceptional images. Last but not least, photographing the Northern Lights is a priority, and we will have unparalleled chances to view the Aurora Borealis over spectacular glacial backdrops! We will have a busy schedule filling our days and nights with rewarding photography opportunities around the island, while staying in excellently situated quality accommodations at night close to the best photo spots.
Trip Highlights and Features
-• Comprehensive itinerary packed with photo locations of both classic and off-the-track places
• Unique 1-way driving route with included return domestic flight to Reykjavik to maximize time
• Ultra small group format and flexibility
• Personalized in-the-field photographic coaching all the time as needed
• Highly experienced trip leader who has guided 70+ trips to Iceland spanning the past decade
• Includes waterfalls, glaciers, iceberg beaches, mountains, fjords and auroras
• 8 nights of potential Aurora Borealis hunting matched with epic foregrounds
• Guided Ice Cave adventure hike to the best crystal blue ice cave (not the crowded tourist cave)
• Price includes all meals, accommodation, ice cave, guiding, 4WD van, domestic flight